- Blender (or food processor)
- Cutting board
- measuring cups and spoons
- Large serving bowl
- 2 1/4 lbs ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and quartered. all juices reserved
- 1 cup roughly chopped green bell peppers
- 1 medium cucumber peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/2 medium sweet onion
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 3 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 4 TSP red wine vinegar
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Prepare vegetables by peeling and chopping as needed
- Working in batches as needed, in food processor or blender puree the tomatoes, green bell pepper, cucumber, onion, and garlic until silky smooth.
- Add olive oil and puree again until smooth.
- Add vinegar, season with salt
- Stir in cold water until you find your desired consistency (about 1 cup)
- Pour the gazpacho into serving bowl and chill in refridgerator for several hours.