Surprising facts about childhood obesity:
- Only 2% of children in the U.S. eat a healthy diet
- Childhood obesity could reduce life expectancy for five or more years
- 25% of children don’t participate in a free-time activity
- The more time kids spend watching TV, the more likely they are to gain weight
- Snacking leads to an additional 200 calories per day for kids
- 70% of obese children already have at least one risk factor for heart disease
- Overweight and obese children are 52% likely to develop asthma
- Almost half of all children’s Type 2 diabetes diagnoses are related to obesity.
We currently offer two programs to help you and your family obtain a healthy lifestyle. If you have any questions on which program is the best fit for your family please give us a call.
Do you dread mealtimes because your child is only eating the same four foods? Are you worried your child is lacking important nutrients to facilitate healthy growth and development? It is never too late to start working towards healthier, more enjoyable meals together as a family.
We will work TOGETHER to:
- reduce stress at meals
- teach you (the caregiver) strategies to expand your child’s (and maybe your) palate.
- support YOU and your family during this life transition
Healthy Families Program
Our Healthy Families Program is a great option for families without a current insurance plan.
Healthy Families Program Includes
- One on one nutrition coaching – split between three appointments
- Personalized nutrition, lifestyle techniques & much more to ensure long term success for your family.
- Recipes to cater to YOUR family’s needs and goals.
HEALTHY FAMILIES benefits:
- Clarity about WHAT to serve your family
- Help fulfill your body’s nutritional needs.
- Create healthy habits for all generations
- Feel great about YOU and YOUR FAMILY
Appointment One: Initial Consultation (60 minutes )
Your initial appointment includes an in-depth nutritional assessment, investigating health and medical history. We will develop a nutrition care plan tailored to your needs. The plan will include age appropriate nutritional needs, lifestyle goals and food suggestions for your family.
Appointment Two: Initial Follow-up (60 minutes )
Your Initial Follow-up appointment will review your progress, any issues concerns to your care plan and update any needed items.
The initial Follow-Up should be scheduled 2-3 weeks after the Initial Consultation
Appointment Three: Follow-up (30 minutes)
After your initial appointment & initial follow-up you will have one follow up appointment to see gauge your success during the previous 6 weeks. The dietician will also recommend any additional supplements, lab work and lifestyle techniques for you.
The Follow-Up should be scheduled 2-3 weeks after the Initial Follow-Up.
Limited insurance accepted for nutrition coaching, click the button above for more information.