- measuring cups and spoons
- rubber spatula
- wooden spoon
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (1/2 cup will result in afirmer filling)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 7 or 8 Medjool dates, chopped and pitted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups baked sweet potato (about 1 pound before cooking)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 prebaked Walnut-Date Pie Crust
- Grind the rolled oats into flour with a blender and then transfer to a small bowl.
- Place the almond milk, dates, and vanilla into the blender, and set aside for at least 15 minutes (so the dates can soften).
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Set aside your prebaked pie crust.
- Add the baked sweet potato to the blender with the milk, dates, and vanilla, and blend until smooth.
- Add the oat flour, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves to the blender mixture, and blend until smooth, scraping down the sides a couple of times.
- Pour the pie filling into the prebaked pie crust and smooth out evenly.
- Wrap a few 3-inch-wide strips of aluminum foilaround the edge of the pie crust to keep thecrust from overbrowning
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the crust is amedium brown. Remove the pie from the ovenand remove the foil strips. Cool completelybefore slicing.