Sweet Potato Mash with Rosemary
- 3 lbs. sweet potatoes peeled
- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp. fresh chopped rosemary
- 1/3 cup plain Greek low-fat or nonfat yogurt
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut sweet potatoes into bite sized chunks, place in pot and cover with water.
- Bring to boil for 20-25 minutes or until they are preferred tenderness.*Peel before boiling if desired
- While the potatoes are cooking, heat 1 tsp. of olive oil in a medium non-stick skillet and sauté your onions and garlic along with a pinch of salt for about 8 minutes or until fragrant and translucent.
- When potatoes are done, mash with masher or spoon to desired consistency.
- In a medium bowl combine sweet potato chunks, onion and garlic mixture, rosemary, and Greek yogurt, blend with hand mixer or with a spoon or masher.
- Enjoy! Season with a little salt and pepper to taste.