Squash & Pesto Lasagna
- 2 spaghetti squashes
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2-3 fresh basil leaves (optional)
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- Cut squash in half lengthwise and roast at 400 degrees for about 35 minutes. Shred inside with a fork to make spaghetti pieces.
- Prepare the pesto by blending the spinach, garlic, pine nuts, olive oil, and salt in a food processor. Blend until fine but not pureed.
- In a baking dish, layer squash, then pesto, then tomato sauce. Repeat once more. (The top layer should be tomato sauce.)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes depending on how thick your layers are. Garnish with fresh basil and enjoy!