Split Pea Cauliflower Soup
- 2 oz. olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 4 carrots peeled and grated
- 2 cups cauliflower finely chopped or riced
- 2 stalks celery, minced
- 1 cup dulse
- 2 cups green split peas, rinsed
- 2 bay leaves
- 8 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large stock pot over medium/high heat. Satute onions and garlic for 2-3 minutes
- Add cumin, coriander, and garam masala. Saute an additional 2 minutes.
- Add cauliflower, peas, carrots, and celery. Stir to coat.
- Add bay leaves and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil.
- Lower to a simmer and cook in a covered pot for 45 minutes. Remove bay leaves when cooking is done.
- Use an immersion blender or ladle into a food processor and puree in batches. Season with salt and pepper to taste.