- 1 1/2 cups quinoa
- 3 cups veggie broth
- 2 cups of diced onion/shallot/celery mix
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1/2 inch piece of ginger – grated
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Fresh thyme sage, and parsley to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Toast quinoa over medium heat until golden brown.
- Add veggie broth and bring to a boil. Add bay leaves and dried cherries and continue to simmer on med/low until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- While quinoa is cooking, toast almonds in a separate pan on on med/low heat for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Sautee shallot/onion/celery mix with grated ginger in olive oil. Add dried sage and coriander. Sautee until onions are soft and translucent. Set aside.
- Remove bay leaves and transfer quinoa to large bowl and mix in sautéed veggie mix. Top with toasted almonds and fresh herbs to taste!