Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 12 Medjool dates, chopped
- 1 1/4 cup organic rolled oats (blended into flour)
- 1/4 cup flax meal (ground flaxseeds)
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp baking powder (without aluminum)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup nut butter (almond or cashew)
- 1/4-1/2 cup chocolate chips (Enjoy Life)
- 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts
- 1/8 cup chopped coconut
- Soak dates in a small bowl, covering with water for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grind ¾ cups oats into flour using a blender like Vitamix. Add baking powder, flax, remaining oats, and salt.
- Blend the dates with 3 TBSP water, nut butter, vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients. Mix well. Add in the chocolate chips, nuts, and coconut.
- Roll into small balls and place in a cooking sheet lined with parchment paper, press the cookies down into the shape you desire.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until starting to brown.