Napa Cabbage Kimchi Soup
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 cups finely chopped Napa cabbage (about 1 pound)
- 8 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups vegan kimchi undrained
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 2 tablespoons gochujang
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped scallions, white and light green parts only
- 1 cup peeled, shredded daikon radish
- Heat the sesame oil in a large pot over high heat until it ripples.
- Add the onions and garlic and cook, stirring, until brown, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the cabbage and continue to brown for an additional 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock, kimchi with its juice, tamari, gochujang, and sugar and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring often.
- Server in bowls, garnished with scallions and daikon