Lentil Salad with Red Wine Vinaigrette
- 1 c French lentils
- 1 c diced carrots
- 1 c diced celery
- 1/2 c diced red onion
- 1/2 c chopped Italian parsley
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/3 c extra virgin olive oil
- Bring 6 c water to boil with salt in large pot.
- Wash lentils and remove bad ones. Add to boiling water.
- Cook lentils at a gentle boil until thoroughly cooked but not mushy. Approx. 15 – 20 minutes.
- Combine chopped carrots and celery in large bowl. Add diced onion and parsley.
- Drain lentils and rinse with cold water.
- Combine lentils with vegetables. Toss with vinaigrette and ENJOY!