Hearty Healthy Salad
- Mixing Bowl
- Food Processor
- 1 cup Quiona
- 5 oz Argula
- 1 cup Carrots (shredded)
- 14 oz Chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/2 cup Cashews
- 1/2 cup Mint
- 1 tsp Olive oil or avocado oil
- 4 TBSP Cashews
- 1 cup Cilantro
- 1/2 cup Mint Leaves
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 2-3 Limes (Juiced)
- Cook quinoa as directed on package. *Let cool completely before mixing with other ingredients to prevent greens from wilting.*
- While quinoa is cooking shred carrots, rinse and drain chickpeas.
- In a bowl mix ½ tsp olive or avocado oil with ½cup cashews and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Toast cashews in skillet on medium heat, stirring often to prevent burning, approximately 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Mix all ingredients in a food processor and set aside
Combine Salad & Dressing
- In a large serving bowl mix together quinoa, arugula, carrots, chickpeas, dried cranberries, cashews, mint.
- Pour dressing and mix before serving.