Heart Healthy Curried Chickpeas and Tofu
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced or pressed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound of tofu, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 2 cups undrained cooked chickpeas (16 oz can)
- 2 tomatoes, chopped (about 1 ½ cups)
- Stirring occasionally, sauté the onion, garlic, and tomatoes in the oil until the onions are translucent making a masala.
- Stir in the cumin, coriander, turmeric, and black pepper. Add the cubed tofu and cook for a minute or so, stirring constantly.
- Add the chick peas and about ½ cup of their liquid, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add salt to taste.