- 6 cups water
- 3 large carrots sliced into matchsticks
- 1 onion roughly chopped
- 1/4 wakame seaweed
- 1/2 lb extra firm tofu — chopped small
- 4 tbsp. white miso
- 3 scallions – use white and green part
- Combine water, carrots, onion, tofu, and seaweed in a medium pot. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer until veggies are soft.
- Using the ladle remove 2 cups of broth and put into a bowl or measuring cup.
- Add miso paste to removed liquid and whisk until fully dissolved.
- Add back into soup and garnish with chopped scallions.