Chia Seed Pudding
- 1 cup milk (almond, soy, or coconut)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup coconut, shredded (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a medium size bowl and mix well.
- Pour into parfait cups or ½ pint mason jars.
- Let sit in refrigerator for a few hours to set. May appear watery but chia seeds expand 10 times.
- Add 2 -3 tsp. cacao powder if you want chocolate pudding.
- If you don’t want sweetener you can soak 5-6 dates and blend in with a food processor or blender.
- I like to layer with blueberries, nuts, and seeds and top with a cashew cream.