- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 can tomato paste (6 oz.)
- 1/2 cup cooked black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon granulated onion
- Place all of the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- After mixture is smooth you can serve the sauce as is or simmer it to deepen the flavors and color.
- If you choose to cook, pour the sauce into a medium saucepan and bring to almost boiling over medium heat. Reduce the heat to low and simmer partially covered, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes.