- 15-20 ounce canned chickpeas, drained or 1 c dried chickpeas soaked for 24hrs and drained
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 2-3 garlic cloves more or less depending on taste
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- couple tablespoons olive oil
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F. Lightly grease baking sheet and set aside.
- Mash chickpeas with fork and combine with other ingredients in medium bowl. OR add ingredients to food processor and process until fine consistency. Add olive oil as needed.
- Mold into small balls and place on greased baking sheet. Flatten into patties, if desired.
- Bake first side for 10 minutes then flip over and bake second side for 15 minutes.