For the crumble topping:
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 2 Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 cup organic flaxseed meal
For the apple filling:
- 4 medium apples (peeled, cored, and chopped)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
For the applesauce:
- 2 medium apples (peeled, cored, and chopped)
- 4 Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- To make the crumble topping, place the nuts, dates, and flax into a food processor, and process until the mixture is crumbly, being careful not to over mix, You want the mixture to still be loose. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
- To make the apple filling, toss the chopped apples and lemon juice together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- To make the applesauce, place the apples, dates, raisins, lemon juice, cinnamon, and nutmeg into the food processor, and process to the consistency of applesauce, adding a little water as needed.
- Stir the applesauce into the bowl of chopped apples and lemon juice. Serve with crumble topping sprinkled on top.